20 November 2013

Fairy Books: Pink and Lilac

A while back, I had a request to make some tiny books that looked like they came from fairyland. In a few days, I'll post the in-progress shots I took and explain how they were made, but for now, here are pictures of the first two, made for my cousin's girls.


I'm not the biggest fan of pink, but I'm really pleased with how this turned out, and I'm glad I decided to cut flowers from the same paper I used for the endpapers to put on the cover and spine.


I had focus issues with the shots I took of the lilac book, and even with photoshop I couldn't quite get the colour right -- it's still too blue -- but the book itself turned out really well. I wasn't sure about the white leather, but I love how it ended up (originally I was going to use purple leather and a different cover paper, but I couldn't get the leather).

No comments: