19 May 2013

Words, Words, Words

So apparently my villain talks a lot. I suspect this may be the principle defect of many villains, and the reason so many of them fail. They want to take over the world but mostly because they like the sound of their own voice and when you rule the world no one can tell you to shut the hell up.

Anyway. Dark Stranger is at 50,839 words as of a few minutes ago, and I think it's getting very close to the end. I had originally worked out my daily word quota to hit 70,000 words by my birthday, but I'm pretty sure it's not going to be that long. Milk Sister was a slender 52,370 words or thereabouts (that was my word count before editing), so Dark Stranger should be around the same.

Another writing morning like this one (2603 words, or about 1000 words more than my daily goal) and I might very well have reached the end. For now. Because there are certainly things that won't be resolved when the last page is done.

No comments: