22 July 2012

A Quick Thing About Dragons

Recently I got out a drawing I had started to do on my watercolour pad and decided I might as well finish it. So I started by re-inking what I had already done with a pen using a brush instead. Then I added details with a pen (a dip pen with a Hunt 102 "crowquill" nib, which not only has a cool name, but is my favourite nib for drawing with).


Once the inks were done, I painted it with watercolours. And the whole time I was painting it, I was thinking about text I could add to it, and how it could be part of a book project (because everything I do seems to end up connected to books somehow). I won't say much more about that here, as I'm going to do the book under my Calliope Strange pen name, but it'll be a sort of travel journal by my mad scientist character Sophia Shallowgrave. But more on that later...


2 comments:

Carol said...

This book idea is great. Love your dragon.

Unknown said...

Thanks! I getting really excited about doing a whole series of them.