10 May 2011

Letterpress: Wayzgoose and Sea Things

If you're in Halifax this coming Saturday, how about stopping by the Dawson Printshop (right at the end of Granville Street, in the N block of the NSCAD campus) for our Wayzgoose?


There will be food, possibly music, presses running so you can try your hand at printing a souvenir, and lots of cool stuff for sale, including our brand-new limited edition printing press posters.

I'll also be selling some of my letterpress stuff there, including the finished sea things cards:


Nautilus above, and octopus below.


All of them are hand-letterpress printed (from polymer plates made from my own drawings), then hand-watercoloured.


Sea anemone above, sea jelly below.


I'll also be adding these to my Etsy shop shortly (unless the unlikely happens and I sell out this weekend).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

These sorts of pictures are better the more detailed they are, like the old text book bookplate illustrations from the classic 18th C tombs. More power to your elbow.