04 October 2010

Sneak Peek

A little something I've been thinking about for a while and finally got some time to work on this weekend: copper jewellery made from recycled intaglio printing plates. These will appear in one of my online shops later in the week when I've had time to take better photographs.


For the first few, I simply cut out shapes and let the original etching from the business side of the plate serve as decoration. Alas, not all my old plates are going to be as nice, so in future I'll use intaglio platemaking processes to make new designs. I also plan to experiment with patinas. But I think I made a good start, and ended the weekend with four finished pendants, and one that needs soldering (because I didn't want the hanging apparatus to be visible from the front).

No comments: