05 May 2010

More Trees: Collaborative Book Project

As I thought, getting both sides painted yesterday was truly wishful thinking. The tiny twisty tree branches really slowed me down, but I'm very pleased with how they turned out.


The grass and quick wash of blue for the sky went much more quickly. Then, as I was heading for bed, I realized I hadn't painted any leaves. Since this is supposed to be a strong tree, though bent and twisted, it really needs leaves to show that it is quite alive. So this morning I added some simple leaf shapes.

Now I'll leave it to dry a little more, and this afternoon/evening I'll flip it over and start on the weeds and flowers on the other side. They are less complicated shapes, so hopefully will go faster than the tree. Then again, I am picky, so I might take longer than I think I will. As usual.

No comments: