13 April 2010

Many Little Books

I had several posts on process planned to write, but somehow never got to them. Possibly it was all the photos I'd have to deal with to do them right that I found daunting. More likely, I'm just lazy. There aren't really that many photos. Anyway, I'll get to them. One was going to be a start-to-finish of the airship drawing I was so recently twittering incessantly about.

But here's what I've been doing lately.


There are 20 tiny and 18 really tiny 4-hole stab-bound books in that photo. The squares on the cutting mat are 1/2 inch. These will become pendants and earrings. Possibly today.


And here we have a new product to test out at the Halifax Crafters Fair next weekend: wee little leather-covered pocket notebooks. 22 of them. So, if you recall I said I planned to attempt to bind at least 50 books this year. If each of these counts as 1, then I'm at 60 and have more than met my goal. On the other hand, if that really means 50 unique books, then I'm only at 2 (or maybe 3, if you count tiny and really tiny as unique) and I have a lot of work left to do . . .

2 comments:

. c h o k l i t . said...

oh, the preciousness! I love these.

Unknown said...

Hee hee! They are very cute. I think that's why I make them.