05 September 2005

Connections

So yesterday I sent out emails with my new address to four people I hadn't connected with in ages (forgetting, of course, to send it to people I have seen recently--don't worry, I'll remember eventually . . . or you can get it from Sue). I was curious to see if any of these people would respond, but it's been so long I didn't want to assume I could just pick up the conversation as if no time had passed (this seems to happen to me a fair bit; this is why I am World's Worst Correspondent). Anyway, to my delight, there was a new email waiting for me this morning, from Heinz Insu Fenkl, who was the prof of the writing workshop/seminar I did in New Paltz, NY a few years ago, and a very fine writer (also a very good teacher). He said he keeps looking for my name on books on the YA racks. Erk. Now I feel vaguely guilty for not making a greater effort to send out those mss. Anyway, now I am happy. Well, happier, as I've been pretty happy in general since I got here, despite the airline and aiport crises, student loan hassle and all that.

2 comments:

Rowena Hart said...

What an interesting - and attractive! - guy. Talk about a unique personal history.

Speaking of writing, are you going to attempt NaNoWriMo?!? That's coming up soon, isn't it?

Unknown said...

Heh. Oh yes. Nice voice, too.

As for NaNoWriMo--yes, I'll probably attempt it again. It's in November, which is coming up sooner than it seems. This year the novel will be called The Stolen Child (the novel formerly called The Stolen Child, formerly called Taken, 1941 is now called In Fairy Land--it's a pun, and the very last time I change the title).