08 October 2004

Such Pretty Silver Hair

I've recently picked up an assortment of naked action figures/fashion dolls to use as models for making 1/6 scale clothes and stuff (some to sell, some for me). I had some really nice comments on the hakama and gi set I recently sold on eBay. Anyway, this one particluar figure, a Volks "Neo-Go" (aka "Go-Guy")--a slenderer figure than the standard G.I. Joe-type--has me totally fascinated. For these figures, you buy the head separately, so you can choose the face and get one bald for rooting yourself, or pre-rooted in various colours. The pre-rooted heads come with really, really long hair, so you can cut it however you want. I picked a narrow-faced (rather cheekbony) head with white hair. And now I can't stop thinking about different costumes I could make. So I was trying to figure out why I'm so fascinated by this pretty white-haired boy doll, and I realized that there's a whole line of pretty white/silver haired men who have been favourite characters of mine. The ones I came up with without too much thought are:
  • Skywise (Elfquest)
  • Elric of Melniboné (Michael Moorcock's Elric books)
  • Farin Silverhair (Diana Paxson's Westria books)
  • Reiken/Seren (A Distant Soil)
  • Deth (Patricia McKillip's Riddle-Master trilogy)
  • Rohannon Melior (Rosemary Edgehill's The Twelve Treasures series)
  • InuYasha (InuYasha)
  • Sesshomaru (InuYasha)
  • Yuki Tsukisiro, aka Julian (Cardcaptor Sakura/Cardcaptors anime)
  • Yueh (Cardcaptor Sakura)

More or less in chronological order (of me encountering them). I could probably come up with more. So is this just my fascination with pretty hair (and pretty men), or is it something more general in fantasy? Maybe both. Anyway, boy doll with long white hair needs a name. And some clothes.

No comments: