20 October 2004

NaNoNews

It finally occurred to me what I should tackle during this year's NaNoWriMo: The Madness of Kentaurs. It's a YA novel I started working on ages ago, but abandoned because I got too bogged down in taking notes and figuring things out, and lost track of the characters. I only ever wrote the first couple of chapters (and they were short). Madness is an alternate-world fantasy that has some resemblance to the Classical world. The centaurs are sort of cognate to the ancient Greeks (hence the spelling "kentaurs"), and the humans are sort of like the Romans. But not really. I think I got too caught up in the correspondences last time. I won't have time to do that in November. I may blog the novel at Blogger's NaNoBlogMo, but I haven't decided yet. I'm not sure I want anyone staring at my naked prose.

No comments: