12 April 2003

Well, here it is Saturday already. Where does the time go? (Lately I've been feeling like I'm stuck in the middle of a time-lapse movie, as the weeks go by at impossible speeds.)


The 24-hour comic is done. Woo hoo! Twenty-three hours and nineteen minutes and I could barely move my arm by the end. Sleep and tylenol cured all, though, and my wrist is hardly stiff at all now. It was a strange experience. I learned many things, such as:



  • loose inks over tight pencils look much better than any sort of inks over loose pencils (with my meagre drawing skill, anyway)
  • no matter how well you think you know a character, they can still surprise you
  • it is possible to draw for nearly 24 hours straight, even when you can't feel your fingers
  • satyrs don't wear pants (except occasionally as a joke)
  • faeries are obsessed with "boinking" (their word, not mine)
  • I really need to take some more life drawing classes
  • even really awful drawings can convey a surprising amount of emotion and character
  • it's really difficult to draw facial expressions on a character who looks like a rabbit
  • satyrs are fun to draw
  • satyr horns are fun to draw (though they go wonky sometimes)
  • if you hitchhike by the side of a major highway, carrying a sign that says "Faerie or bust," you just might get a ride from an elf on horseback


I'm sure there's more, but those are the things-learned that come to mind right now. I'm going to try to get the thing scanned this weekend (or maybe early next week) so you can see for your ownself.

No comments: